Cookie Queen

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hodge Podge

I was cleaning off the camera in my phone and found some photos that I hadn't posted:

A few weeks ago I went to a rendition of the Nutcracker (the lost chapters) at the Ritz theater with some friends from High School.  It was a combination of various dance and Burlesque.  First half was a little iffy, but the second half was good.  Took my picture with my favorite dancer - he made me smile through the entire show.


Here is Collin in the carwash - he's been afraid of it until now, he insisted on going through.  Although he wasn't so sure about the noise.

 
Conner got a "Meon" for his birthday - this was his first attempt.  It is pretty cool - little light show and sound effects.

Just a photo of the kids playing in the basement - they still like it!


 
On Friday, Conner didn't have school, so I took the day off and we had a Conner/Mom day.  First we went to the History Center, then had lunch and then saw the movie Hugo.  I liked the movie and Conner thought it was okay, it got a little long for him.

These are some photos from the 1968 exhibit:


 
As you can see, Conner was very excited to have his photo taken:


 
Dig the groovy lamp!

Much of the home decor I had seen when I was a kid, but I don't remember seeing anything like this record player.  Conner asked why they made it look like a grill?

I tried explaining to him all the significant things that happened that year - yet what he took away was a burning desire to see the movie Night of the Living Dead, 1968 version. 


1 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are going to the play, 1968, on 2/11. For me it was quite a significant year-graduated from hs, your Mom & Dad got married, i stared the U and the job at Dayton's, you were born and Grandma had her first cancer surgery.

    Love,
    Joyce

     

Post a Comment

<< Home