Cookie Queen

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Future contest winner?

Dan and I are constantly trying to get Conner to eat - he seems so skinny to us and I REALLY want to get him a new carseat that goes in and out easier than the one we have, BUT he has to be 38-40 pounds before we can make the transfer. He's about 5 pounds shy of that.

The last few days he has had some nasty diapers (nope, not potty-trained yet!), so we're assuming his stomach isn't feeling the best and so he's eating even less.

There is a story behind all this - Dan said when he dropped off Conner this AM, one of his teachers said the day before, Conner had let out a belch that was louder than anything she had ever heard from a preschooler. Dan claimed he got it from me, but the intelligent woman knew better. So all I can think of is those really tiny people who always win the food eating contests - don't you wonder where the heck they put it all? Maybe Conner will someday win belching contests - lulling the much larger participants into a false sense of security with his skinny build and then blowing them away with the power of his gaseous might. What a proud mother I will be that day.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I left a comment yesterday but gues it didn't take. Conner's belching talent is in the genes.Katie's grandpa was very good at belching & he wasn't a very big man.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Nice! I don't remember that - I do remember the corks he used to put in womens' purses in restaurants. For those of you who aren't related to me - my grandfather kept a bag of corks and when we went out, he would drop one into an open purse - getting a kick out of how they might react once they got home and found it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home