Cookie Queen

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Snow Day

The Twin Cities are forecast to receive at least a foot of snow this weekend - I don't know that I believe it. They said I would wake up this AM to 4-6 inches - ah, not so much. Maybe 1/2 of sleet pellets, but that's about it. The morning was mainly a mix of light snow and ice pellets - looks like it has finally switched over to snow. But I still don't think we'll get as much as they predict. What is it with weather people these days? Every storm has to be the BIG ONE - do they think this will improve their ratings? It only makes them look like complete idiots when they are wrong - AGAIN.

Although I have to admit we fell for the hype - I went to Target and the grocery store last night to ensure we had diapers, milk, juice, etc. As did everyone else - both places were very busy.

It's been a nice day at home though - Conner and I went for a walk to the park in the AM, didn't last very long with the wind. We got across the street to the park, Conner felt the full blast of wind and said "I want to go home". So we went up and down the alley (out of the wind) for awhile to get our fresh air for the day. Exciting part was when we were on our way to the park and a young dog - looked like a black shepherd, came RACING across Marshall, making a beeline for Conner. I wasn't quite sure what to do - so I kept pulling the sled Conner was riding in - thinking that if the dog attacked, he had enough clothing on to protect him until I could kick the dog away. Dog was very nice though - just excited and jumping around. When I figured it was safe, I grabbed his collar, and held on until the owner came over. He apologized and explained that the dog loves kids. Whew! At least he didn't love the TASTE of kids. Conner didn't seem to mind - he's used to big dogs.



Then we made some cookies - gingerbread boys and shapes with plenty of sprinkles - the ONLY way to make cookies












And we got a little silly - note the lovely earrings:


1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger LissyJo said…

    I know! The whole "be-afraid-be-very-afraid" weather forecast was a bit annoying. We *need* the snow! There isn't going to be enough moisture to fill our lakes come spring.

    I woke up with the same smarmy attitude on saturday and biked to work. My husband promptly saved me by bringing the car in the afternoon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home