Cookie Queen

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Conner's Play

Conner had his 3rd(?) class at Steppingstone Theater this winter and their performance was this morning. They did a scene from The Magic Tree House - Hawaii style. Conner was the father and a surfer dude (this was the second time he wore my clothes as costume - he gets more use from my blue, pin-stripe suit coat than I do!).

As usual, it was completely mobbed and about 100 degrees. But the kids did well - they always seem to have a lot of fun. My old pal, Sidney, from Regions Hospital days, sat next to me. Small world - her son was in Conner's group. She noted that our kids' teacher has a much more "loosey-goosey" style than the other group's teacher. She's more of an anything-goes type of gal, while the other group was much more organized & choreographed. Doesn't bother me - Conner is 7, I'm not expecting high drama, just want him to have fun.


Conner's instructor in the blue t-shirt & skirt below. She's very "Theatre" isn't she?



A great view of Conner's back - but it gives you an idea of the space


Giving their name & saying what their favorite part of the play was.



Getting ready to take a bow....yes, that's my kid in the middle front - can't imagine where he gets that from!

Doing a "silly" pose at the end.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home