Cookie Queen

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pinewood Derby

Conner's first year in Cub Scouts and first year making a pinewood derby car.  I had no idea what a big deal it is - apparently they have created a specific contest for adults, because the parents get into it so much.  Another kid's dad told me his neighbor had been going nuts helping his son with his car - his wife heard the treadmill going at 10:30pm and wondered why her husband was exercising so late....nope just checking the car.
I was just proud that I managed to use a power tool without any blood.  I cut off two edges to help give it the "crayon" look.  That was my only contribution, Conner did all the rest.  He didn't do so well in the race, but we didn't understand the importance of "weight", so his car was too light.  Just wait until next year - I have a friend at work who has a woodshop in his garage, I've already put him on notice.

The boys waiting for the race to begin



Here they go - Conner's is the big, red crayon....



Even though he didn't win, still got a ribbon & very proud that he did the majority himself!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home