Cookie Queen

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Weekend at Grandma & Grandpa's

I posted about a winter weekend, so thought I should post about a spring weekend! We went up to Maple Lake after Conner's MITY class on Saturday and it was a little chilly! The kids played a bit outside and we went to check out the water - I have to post the photos from my phone, but it's higher than I've ever seen it. The neighbors' have a new inlet stretching onto their property and the lake itself stretches to the tree stump. Undoubtably, the owner will find some way to blame my parents for this flooding. :-) House was in great shape - after playing outside, we went for a drive and ended up at Dan's cousin Angie's place. This kids got to play with their cousins - Savannah (4); Landon (2) and Sierra (6 months maybe??). Savannah got a pony for her birthday (Peanut), so the kids got a few rides; saw/fed the baby cows and played a lot outside. Then we moved everything indoors and the kids played a lot together inside. Savannah REALLY wanted the boys to spend the night, but I didn't know how that would go over, so we left for home about 9pm. A very fun evening! I'd love to buy some beef from them - so if anyone wants to go in on 1/2 a cow, let me know! :-) Big thunderstorm that night, so I didn't sleep well - Conner & I were each in a twin bed and Dan/Collin were on the air mattress. Collin is VERY kicky, so Dan went in search of a more restful stop during the night. I warned him - I learned the last time we stayed there not to sleep with Collin. I think I'm still black & blue! Sunday morning was beautiful - actually warm & muggy! Played outside quite a bit - tried to save some of the gazillion worms that ended up on the driveway after the storm. Then threw a few that were fried into the lake for the fish (not my idea) :-). Went to visit Dan's cousin Sarah and her family for an hour or so. Boys got to see their cousin Kendra (18 months) and newest cousin (Ashley - 4 weeks!). I got the hold the baby for a long time - it's hard to remember mine ever being that small. She is a sweetie - although her tired-looking parents tell us she doesn't sleep much at night. Collin is completely obsessed with a little electric car that Kendra has - he spends the entire time driving it around the living room. Just in case grandma & grandpa are thinking of something for his half birthday - I'll send you the links! All-in all a good weekend. Looking forward to Grandma & Grandpa being home soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoy reading the updates!

    Love,
    Joyce

     

Post a Comment

<< Home