Cookie Queen

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Plants - Green Thumb?


I haven't really planted anything since we bought this house several years ago....so this year, I decided to try some tomato and pepper plants. I initially put them in pots, but the tomatoes were looking sad, so Dan replanted them in a big planter that he built me. My mom designed a nice combo of flowers/plants to go in it, but I never got that far. Maybe next year.....

The tomato plants are going crazy - although there are only 2 that appear to be ripening at this point. And Kyle - here's a picture of the purple pepper I was telling you about. I'm just not sure when to pick and eat it!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would pick the pepper once it turns pretty uniformly purple, just for the aesthetics of it. You can eat them at any time however, as all of them start out green & turn colors as they get older. Case in point - every green pepper I can remember that would end up in the garden too long ended up turning red. I suppose it's just their default go-to color, and all of the other variations are just the reult of selective breeding/growing.

    Too bad you only have a couple of plants, otherwise you could pick a peck of purple peppers & pickle them properly.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Very funny....I wouldn't even know how to begin to pickle something.

    I haven't picked the others yet....still waiting to see if they get bigger and perhaps taste better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home