Cookie Queen

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Baby Shower

No - not for me!

We went to a baby shower for Dan's cousin today in Maple Lake. Lots and lots of Dan's relatives and their friends there. What a hoot!

We played two of the requisite games you play at baby showers - first, the lovely "guess the baby food" game. I lost big - only got 3 out of 14 right. I guessed bananas, pears and applesauce correctly. The rest I tanked on - good lord that "meat"-flavored baby food smells digusting! We never bought it for Conner....it all looked exactly the same to me, chicken, beef and ham. Brown, slimy and all with a distinctly BAD odor. What baby is dumb enough to eat that??

However, I kicked at the poopy diaper game! Remember that one? Melted candy bars in the diapers and you have to guess what kind of candy bar it is. Got all 8 right - although I'm not exactly sure that is something to be proud of - apparently I know my candy bars a little too well! Although I am proud to say I didn't taste any of them, as one of the other contestants did. Yuck!

It was down to another woman and me (I was up against "the taster"), so we had a sudden-death match. And, as at any self-respecting baby shower, the sudden-death involved who could put a baby diaper on a stuffed animal faster. My opponent (whose husband's name is also Dan Carlson - although related through the non-Becker side - how freaky is that???) has kids who are 8 and 9, so she hasn't changed a diaper in awhile. I, on the other hand, had just changed one within the last hour. So you can guess who walked away with the prize! If you ever need a diaper put on a stuffed horse, I'm your gal!

Note to anyone who attended my baby-shower over 3 years ago THANK YOU for not playing any of those games!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home