Cookie Queen

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Is it Easter yet?

This morning we went down to Ebenezer Ridges for their annual Easter party for kids. Ebenezer is the long-term care arm of the organization I work for. The Ridges campus is a combo of nursing home, assisted living and apartments. This was my first time there and I can tell you the assisted living and apartment side is NICE!

The event was a trek through the facility giving the kids opportunities to see the Easter Bunny, play games, see animals and collect 6 plastic eggs. Once they got six eggs, they could select a prize to take home. And you could sign up to win a $75 gift certificate to the MN Zoo and got a free Abdullah chocolate bunny. I haven't decided if I'm giving that to Conner or not. It looks pretty tasty!



Here he is out front with the big pink bunny. Wasn't there a movie about a large pink bunny??








Below are pictures at the petting zoo. I don't think I've ever seen a real hedgehog before. It's crawling on the arm of the girl with the blue tank top....














It's the Easter Bunny's cousin - Lazy Bunny.

Chicken - oh, they had two HUGE roosters too. A woman I work with was there as well - we were both amazed the roosters just sat there and let the kids pet them. She thought they might have been drugged. A little valium in the grain maybe....







Here's Conner with the Easter Bunny - we have a polaroid with pretty much the same facial expression and him getting his face painted - a rainbow. He picked it out....









To make grandma and grandpa proud - mini-golf. I think he got a triple bogey on this one.
And then the egg and spoon race - clear spoon, if you look closely, you can see it.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home