Cookie Queen

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend

We had a good weekend - I'm actually exhausted! Bought a new gas grill this weekend that Dan put together - he HATES it when the directions say - "no tools required". That means he will always need some type of tool and it's going to take forever to get together. In the end, there were a few spare parts (as there usually are), but it worked great. We had our friend Charie over for dinner and the neighbors stopped by as well. So we had quite a nice barbecue and after dinner, sat around and chatted. I made two desserts for the evening - one was a flop, a chocolate, banana, peanut butter ice cream pie thing. Just trying to find a way to use up those old bananas! The other is something I got from the Penzey's catalog - it's a big cookie with fruit on it. Doesn't look too exciting, but dang, it's good! Basically, it a big sugar cookie with a mixture of cream cheese (reduced fat of course), sugar & vanilla spread on top, then tons of fresh berries sprinkled over that with just a touch of raspberry jelly drizzled over everything. Our neighbors loved it and named it "CookieQueen's Juicy Cookie". They decided I could sell them and market it as such. Hmmm....

Then Dan, Charie and I watched Narnia. Not bad - I wouldn't say it's the best I've seen, but I enjoyed it. Charie also brought the Corpse Bride, but we didn't have time to watch that one.

Conner was very good all day - he entertained Dan and I with his flirting. First with Charie and then our neighbor Liz. He would give them a cute little smile and tilt his head ever so slightly....golly are we going to be in trouble in 13 years or so.....

This morning was breakfast at Louisiana Grill with the Scooter family and Dan ran into his boss there. What a small world.....the Scooters' came back to our place for awhile and we all lazed on the deck with our caffeinated beverage of choice and chatted while the kids played. Then Conner and I both took a nap, although mine was far shorter than his 3 hours.

In general, a very good weekend! I'm working Mon/Tue, then have Wed-Tuesday off. Totally looking forward to it, although I have a million things to do so I don't forsee much relaxation.

This afternoon, Conner and I made gingerbread men cookies from the leftover sugar cookie dough. I know, it's supposed to be MADE out of gingerbread, but that's the only cookie name he knows and I had leftover sugar cookie dough so deal with it!

Cute pictures:



Isn't he getting to look so big???













Here's the finished product - think of it as abstract art....that you can eat!
















Why do cookies take so long to cook? Why can't I open the oven? Why is it hot? Why is the oven white? Why can't I bang on it? Are they done???

When they were finally done, they tasted very good! I think Conner ate at least 3 and maybe 4 of them. Don't worry - we made him eat dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home