Cookie Queen

Monday, November 10, 2008

Addendum to flu shots

I failed to mention that on Friday, Collin got his second flu shot. The nurse we had was really amazing - I didn't even know she had given it, she was so fast. I was holding Collin's arms and she gave the shot and he got that funny look on his face - the one babies get when something hurts a bit, but they can't quite figure out what in the heck it was - then it was done, I picked him up and distracted him onto something else (like mother like son!) and he didn't cry a single tear. Amazing!

Especially considering the screaming 5 year old that was outside my office today - I am hoping she was freaked out about the coming 5-year shots, but the absolute fit she was throwing because she didn't want to get on the scale was quite impressive. I was starting to google SuperNanny, but then my phone rang and I had to actually work.

I was unimpressed with Mom's attempt to handle the situation - "If you don't take off your shoes by the time I count to three, I'm calling your father! That's it, I'm calling your father and he won't be happy!" After each comment like this, the girl would shriek in fear and scream even more - I can only assume that dad is going to do something like get out the belt - the way my husband's father did for many years. It made me think that in almost 5 years of being a mom, I have never once said - just wait until your father hears about this. Why would I teach my sons that their father is the "mean enforcer" when I am perfectly able to handle the situation - and vice versa for my husband. That would be very unfair to him. Sigh....there should be laws forcing people to take parenting classes before they can have children.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger LissyJo said…

    I caught myself threatening amelie that if she didn't shape up, i wouldn't put her to bed, and her dad would instead--putting my husband in a sh*tty position of being the sloppy seconds.

    I did catch myself, though.

    Parenting is hard. So is math.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home