Cookie Queen

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend

We had a busy weekend - time flies with two young kids!

Sunday was the most memorable, I took the kids to the local rec center that has a kid pool and regular lap pool. Conner LOVES the place and is always begging to go there. We were the only ones there for at least an hour and then another young girl came and he just latched onto her. I apologized to her mother later for my son stalking her daughter. But Conner did great in the bigger pool - he used one of of their life jackets and swam around quite a bit. We went back and forth between the pools several times and the last time he went in by himself and did really well.

Collin wasn't so sure about the whole thing - he spent the first 90 minutes clinging to me - no smile, no talking, nothing. Finally, in the kiddie pool, he started to enjoy himself and let out many screeches of delight. He dunked under once, but did just fine.

When we got home, both kids passed out and I realized how tired I was. Carrying around a 20lb kid for 3 hours can really poop you out! So I took a nap as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home